Binge Eating Disorder (BED): Epidemiology
Binge eating disorder (BED) is an eating disorder characterized by eating large quantities of food in a discrete period of time, and feeling a sense of lack of control over eating during the episode. Signs of BED vary, and there may be physical changes; for example, some people experience weight gain. Other signs and symptoms can be psychological and emotional. In May 2013, the American Psychiatric Association released the DSM-5 in which BED is classified as an actual eating disorder.
The BED epidemiology forecast is supported by nationally representative, country-specific studies, where available, published in peer-reviewed journals, and by primary research to overcome any scarcity of data. The forecast methodology was kept consistent across all 7MM to allow for a meaningful global comparison.
Request For Sample Report: https://www.reportsandmarkets.com/sample-request/binge-eating-disorder-bed-epidemiology-forecast-to-2027
In 2017, the 7MM had 197,076 diagnosed prevalent cases of BED. GlobalData epidemiologists expect the diagnosed prevalent cases of BED in the 7MM to increase to 204,424 cases by 2027, at an AGR of 0.37%. The US will have the highest growth in the diagnosed prevalent cases of BED in the 7MM from 2017-2027, while France will have the lowest growth in the diagnosed prevalent cases of BED from 2017-2027. Germany, Italy, and Japan will see a decline in the number of diagnosed prevalent cases of BED during the forecast period at negative AGRs of 0.54%, 0.05%, and 0.43%, respectively. Future epidemiologic research that assesses prevalence of BED according to DSM-5 criteria is necessary to gain further insight into the prevalence trends, as well as research into the risk factors, comorbidities, and causes of BED.
– The Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Epidemiology Forecast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of BED in the seven major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan).
– This report also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases of BED segmented by sex and age (beginning at age 13 years and ending at ages 80 years and older) in these markets. The 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases of BED are further segmented by body mass index (BMI) (obese and non-obese), BMI and comorbid mood disorder, and substance abuse disorder.
– The Binge Eating Disorder epidemiology forecast report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The Epidemiology Forecast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent, and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Epidemiology Forecast report will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global BED market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global BED market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for BED therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Understand magnitude of BED population by BMI, BMI and mood disorder, and substance abuse disorder.